Glacier Travel

Glacier Travel

Thursday, June 2, 2011

IT done and the summer to come

Well well well. You didn't expect to get through your summer without Ems and I making you mad jealous with our magnificent mountain adventures did you? Currently we are experiencing a day off in our favorite coffee shop (Coal Creek) and soaking up this small bit of time free of chaos. We just finished our instructor training course complete with a week long backpacking traverse of the Grand Canyon (sick....the good definition of sick) followed by another week in Vedauwoo (popular climbing area 15 minutes from Laramie - known for its off-width crack climbing. boo ya.) In the GC we accumulated massive headaches, nausea, dehydration, inside jokes, sunburns and a cliff jumping experience. Yes you can cliff jump safely in the GC..we took a plunge into a pool of water to continue on our trail. Yes, it was necessary. No it was not for fun. Sike. Maybe a little bit. In the Voo we learned how to tie sport anchors, belay systems and mastered the art of ascending Missiles for Jesus (aka Bombs for Jesus). Ask us about that later. Also, we worked very diligently, and dialed how to NOT be blown away by the 40 mph winds we experienced while a top a popular repelling location. There is oh so much more to come. We have only just begun to introduce you to all that has occurred in the previous two weeks here. Don't worry, with the open mic nights at Coal Creek, daily dialogue in the SROM building, and courses that are BOUND to have memorable stories, I have no doubt in my mind that you will be thoroughly entertained while sitting at your computer checking airfare on the cheapest flight to get yourself out here. Thank you for following. We hope you enjoy reading our blogs as much as we enjoy making them.

1 comment:

  1. Becs and Em!
    I cannot explain the intense feeling of utter jealousy surging through me at this moment after reading your blog. For the sake of my sanity I may have to avoid reading it at times as to not be overcome with discontentment at where the Lord has me in this moment. Don't get me wrong...I am Loving where He has me-it is just polar opposite of WY/SROM/GC (outdoor adventures-which also have a huge place in my heart).
    Don't worry I will be sure to update you on my adventures in anatomy lab this summer. I meet my cadaver on Tuesday afternoon. (From then on out I will just refer to them as Caddy or Cad (depending on the gender.)) Sorry if thats disgusting that I am making a joke about that...
    Hope you both have so much fun leading your trips this summer and stay safe so I can see you all soon! LOVE YOU BOTH!
    -Jo Ro

    ReplyDelete